Access control is an important part of any security system, and may combine a variety of different methodologies to securely control the access of restricted or sensitive security areas. At Global Platinum Solutions, we offer a range of access control options, and are always willing to advise our clients about the most suitable option, depending on their individual requirements.
Access Control offers the following security features and options:
- Permits only authorised access to pre-defined areas;
- Identifies individuals or groups requesting access, and records access attempts;
- Provides access monitoring procedures controlled by state of the art hardware and software;
- Local & remote configuration and management;
- Variety of authentication techniques;
- Alert management; and
- Advanced communication – Wireless, Blue-tooth, TCP/IP and local.
The use of physical or behavioural characteristics, such as fingerprints, signatures, or hand shape to verify identity is known as biometrics. Biometric access control usually involves a scanner or reader, software that converts the scanned data to digital format, and a database of information for comparison.
There are a variety of applications for which this type of access control is suitable, including time and attendance reporting, building access, and process control security. Scanners can read fingerprints, voice patterns, vascular patterns, retina/iris scans and even DNA.
Digital Video Recording (DVR) Security Applications
DVR, or digital video recording configured for security applications record video signals from CCTV cameras for detection and documentation purposes. In the modern security environment, DVR has replaced video recording with high-tech, feature rich options. They can be combined with PC’s and local networks to create an effective component of your security.
Zonal Proximity Control
An innovative system that allows the user to selectively view certain controls on electronic devices without activating the controls functions, or requiring the user to see all available controls.
Capacitive sensors detect proximity, without the functional activation of the control elements, whether they are 0D, 1D, 2D or 3D capacitive, mechanical, or any other form. Sensors can be parsed via software, or may be physically distinct regions. When a certain proximity threshold is reached, a specific action, or series of actions, can result depending on the pre-defined needs.
Time and Attendance Monitoring
Monitor your workforce time and attendance records, and use the great features included in our system to carry out the following functions:
- On-line validation of clocking events;
- Simple input from shop floor terminals;
- Access control management by employee/terminal;
- Elapsed time entry capability (timesheet information);
- Mobile, remote, field employee time collection;
- Automatic time entry capability (for salaried or support personnel);
- Support of complex schedules including fixed, split, variable by day, 9/80, etc.;
- Customer-defined events (absences, breaks, lunch, special labour, etc.);
- Customer-defined attendance point tracking;
- Tracking of multiple time-off accrual balances (vacation, illness, personal, etc.);
- Management of overtime equalization policies;
- Absence / late arrivals reporting;
- Tracking of overtime offered, refused (with reasons), worked, etc.;
- On-line inquiry of employee attendance and overtime information;
- Complete audit trail of entries and changes;
- History of employee worked time, absences, late arrivals, early departures; and
- Workforce scheduling.